Tuesday, January 31, 2012

1/2 a year...already!!

Lily turned 6 months old on Friday, January 13th (she's destined to have lots of those "bad luck" days for birthdays...sorry bug, but it's your fault...you came early). She is just growing like a weed! She weighs 16 lbs 4 oz and is 27 inches tall. She's in the 90th percentile for her height! We celebrated by going to dinner at the BYU creamery...we hope to make this a long-standing tradition for our little ones :) While Lily couldn't eat thefood there, we did give her her first vegetable - peas. She made some funny faces, but ate them really well. I'm sure they have more flavor than rice cereal! I'm so happy that she's eating solid foods and getting to the point where she can try new things, but I'm also sad that the days of nursing her will be over eventually. I think back to when she was first born and how hard it was for those first couple weeks...it hurt and I felt like that's all I was doing!! Now it's a special time for me to be with her. I'm glad she's growing up, but it's happening so fast (although I agree with my sister-in-law that it doesn't always feel like it's going fast!).

Some things Lily likes:
-bath time (she has started splashing the water!)
-peas!
-Daddy (this has always been true, but I love seeing her light up when he comes home from work!)
-playing in her pack-n-play (thanks Papa Noyes!)
-rolling over
-pushing up on her hands
-looking at herself in the mirror
-light switches (she thinks they're awesome!)
-riding in the car
-snuggling with Mommy
-playing with Mommy and Daddy
-looking at the tree on her wall (thanks Paola and Carlos!)
-sleeping (she's a great sleeper)
-her musical Lily doll (Leap Frog Lily...thanks Grandma Irvin!)
-Daddy's phone
-sitting up

Here's to many more great memories!


Happy 6 months Lily Bug!

No comments: