Tuesday, January 19, 2010

So, I haven't been good at blogging lately, but my new goal is to write at least once a week, maybe more if something really interesting happens.  I'm sure I'll have tons to write about :)

The holidays went off well.  Faiver and I spent them mostly by ourselves, enjoying our first holidays as a married couple.  Christmas Eve, we spent a little time with my cousin Katie and her husband, her parents and my grandma.  It was fun!  We played "Christmas" games, which was interesting.  During charades Faiver acted out "Frosty the Snowman".  It was awesome :)  Christmas day we did our own thing and then went to Kris' parents' house for dinner.  It was very sweet of them to invite us.  We got to see Nathaniel and Kris and my little Toby.  He's getting so big!!  New Years was spent enjoying each other's company.  What a great time to be married.

In other news, we spent this extended weekend in Cedar City with Faiver's mission companion, Drew, and his wife, Kylie.  It was really fun and soooo good to get out of Provo for a little while. We played Mario Party on their Wii, watched movies, talked about life and roasted hot dogs and marshmellows over a fire pit.  It was a blast!!  In getting to Cedar, we drove our 1991 Subaru Legacy the 215 miles from Provo to their house.  That thing is amazing!  It drove so smoothly and didn't give us any trouble.  We didn't even use the whole tank of gas!!  After resting for a few days, it made the trip back home just as smoothly.  We are definitely blessed. (And my husband is a great driver.  Thanks honey!!)

2 comments:

Adam and Shari Crawford said...

Glad you had fun! It's good to hear from you ;) Love you tons and bunches ;)

Manuel and Alyssa Sevilla said...

Sounds like fun! Glad you made it back safely!