Saturday, June 11, 2011

When routines get the better of us

Because of our work schedules, I usually give Faiver a ride to work and then pick him up at the end of the day. This routine has been going on since the beginning of May and it works out pretty well for us. Well, last Saturday, Faiver had to work (he works every other Saturday) but I didn't need to go anywhere, so he took the car and I stayed at home. On Saturdays, the bank closes at 3:00; it takes about 10-15 minutes for them to go through their closing procedures, so I expected him to be home around 3:20. Around 3:25, he still wasn't home...weird, but not too bad because sometimes he just has a busy day and it takes a little longer. Well, around 3:30 I got a phone call from him. He asked me why I hadn't come to pick him up...he had started walking home. I said, "honey, you have the car today." He had totally forgotten and walked 4 blocks!! We had a good laugh as he walked back to get the car. It was great! I love my wonderful hubby! :)

1 comment:

Krisling said...

Just as a reply to your comment - I LOVE the Who's in the Zoo pack. It is so freaking cute. I saw it AFTER I had already posted my blog or that would have been my favorite. Dangit.