Friday, May 10, 2013

Sympathy Emotions?

When I was pregnant with Lily, it seemed Faiver gained sympathy weight right along with me. He had an appetite like mine and wanted to eat every time I did. Of course, by the end, I couldn't hold much in my stomach because the baby was taking up most of the space, so he may have gained more than I did toward the end. :) And of course it was much easier for him to lose the weight after she was born...I don't think he even had to try! Well, with this second pregnancy, it is much the same. My handsome hubby is putting on some sympathy weight and has an even heartier appetite than before. However, last Sunday I realized that weight gain is not the only thing he gets from me when I'm pregnant...

He also gets more sensitive and emotional!! I'm extra sensitive (emotionally) to every little thing when I'm pregnant, but that's also because I have a bunch of hormones doing crazy things in my body. I said something to Faiver on Sunday before church (I don't even remember what it was), and he took it completely the wrong way, got upset, and wouldn't talk to me the whole car ride (which isn't very long 'cause we live in Provo, but still!). When we were getting out, I had that "ah-ha" moment, and I realized what was going on...he takes on my emotional state too!! When I told him about it, at least is loosened him up, and he got over whatever it was that happened. It would be adorable that he feeds so much off of me during my pregnancies if it wasn't so darn annoying :) One of us is supposed to be the rational, non-hormonal one!! At least now maybe he knows a little what I feel like most days...

I love him!!

No comments: